Monday, April 6, 2015

General Conference and Easter

Easter if my favorite Holiday. The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints is my favorite gospel. My favorite chocolate is Cadbury eggs. My favorite people are my friends, roommates, and most importantly family. So this weekend...was one of my favorites. :)
 

School is winding down this month which means finals, studying, brain hurting, no sleep, crappy eating, and repeat. This weekend was exactly what I needed! Papa Craig came up to Logan for the first half of Saturday Conference and bought us bagels that were perfect seeing how I some how managed to chip my molar on Friday. Then after Conference, Brookie and Britt headed to Hooper to spend Easter with my family and we had tickets to the Sunday afternoon session. Can I just say dying eggs is hard. I literally have no artistic ability what so ever. But non the less we (I) suffered through it trying to make my eggs look pretty as possible. We woke up to the Easter Bunny leaving us a basket full of Oreos of course and chocolate, chocolate, and bumpy jelly beans.


We headed to conference. I love this gospel. I am not really sure I have the right words for how much I needed to hear the council of the Church leaders. So here are some of my favorite words that they shared that I needed to hear...
  • 2 ingredients for a successful marriage: a cookie and a kiss!
  • A husband is never more attractive then when he is fulfilling his duty in the home.
  • You have to be willing to be offended, that is the only way to fully act on your faith.
  • Family is the center of life.
  • As we fear God completely, we will love him more perfectly.
  • "I can teach the dance, but you have to hear the music."
  • A Saint is a sinner who keeps on trying.
  • He still extends unending grace with pierced palms and scarred wrists.
  • Rediscover this gospel.
  • Celebrate the gift of victory.
  • Giving in, giving up, and getting out is not an option.
I loved this weekend and the memories (laughs) I shared with the people who are close to me. For those who missed conference or want to hear more, you can check my page --I Believe--. 





No comments:

Post a Comment