Wednesday, July 30, 2014

D A D


I'm a day late (but it's better then never right), but this handsome man is my dad + he turned the big 50! Its kinda crazy I was looking through old pictures and as I was so wanting to grow up...It really showed me that everybody else was growing up as well...be looking forward to when I post about a flashback or something. haha I still can't get over some of those old hairdo's and clothes that were in style! This dad of mine is one of a kind. I would not be who I am today with out him (and mom) raising me. I wrote down a list in my actual journal (this never happens!) of my favorites things about my dad.

  • he randomly bursts into singing at the most random moments. his ringtones make me laugh...they are like the old hit songs and then tells me and nicole how he found a 'new' song when we've known about if for at least a year or so
  • his obsession with Oreo's and chocolate (that trait got passed down to me)
  • his love for the outdoors: he truly is happy when he finds a fresh batch of powder to ride on. 4-wheeling, hunting, camping you name it
  • his sports obsession: he cares and cared so much about how well we all did in our games. he is there at every single one. i love going to football games and having him teach me knew things about the game i love so much
  • his work ethic. this past year i have been in the 'real world' i come home from work and don't want to do anything, yet he is still working
  • he holds the priesthood. he has a testimony. he loves the gospel. over the years i didn't realize how much of a blessing it was to grow up with a dad who held the priesthood till i moved to college. father blessings are something i will treasure forever
  • he loves my mom and the family. the saying goes you need to find a man like your dad to become your husband...my future husband has a lot to look up to
  • he's a handyman. he fixed my car (and everything other motor vehicle i somehow managed to crash) he built our home. he knows plumbing, electric, literally you name it he knows how to do it
  • his manliness when picking out trucks...haha chevy all the way!
  • the fact that ever since i was born at least i don't think he has had a drink to himself with out me drinking out of it. Pepsi, Mtn Dew, Coke, Milk, and heck even water
  • friday nights he wants to have pizza. he also gets hangry (i picked up that trait as well)
  • him growing up with 4 sisters gives him an insight of a girls mind (at least that is what i like to think)
  • he taught me to be a friend to everybody. charity. because you never know down the road they will be the ones helping you. and when you borrow something from anybody you always leave it better then how you found it.

 

My ultimate favorite of all is that he is my DAD. I have to share him with only my brother and sister. But I'm his little girl. I may be exactly like mom but I will always be my daddy's (first) little girl. Happy Birthday Dad, there will be plenty more I am sure. But since its 50 years since your birth I thought it was important to post. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment