Tuesday, August 25, 2015

J-Roe

Hey folks, let me just introduce to you another one of my close friends. Jason. Known by many as J-Roe, or Fed Ex, or Jas. Him and I met in health class my sophomore year. Haha oh the memories we both have of that class. From then on we basically have been best friends ever since.

I fully feel like one of the best things for a girl is to have a guy best friend in high school. Yes, girl friends are important, date have a boyfriend, etc. But having a guy best friend is like perfect. He can be your punching bag, shoulder to cry on, errand runner, Dr. Phil, your biggest fan, secret keeper, listen to all the girl gossip and laugh with you, then he can give you ins on guys and just basically is like a brother.
Once again, here are some of the things over the years and from his two year mission to Long Beach that have meant a lot to me.
  • Jas has the gift to listen. He doesn't judge, he doesn't disagree or agree necessarily. he just listens. He taught me how to try and not speak my mind till I listen to what the other person in the conversations has to say.
  • Where he is such a good listener, he also has a heart so big to care and love.  
  • Something from his homecoming talk that touched me...: I am going to totes not say this right. However, he talked about Ether 12:27. Which talks about how we should show the Lord our weakness and he will make us strong. Jas's brother had an insight I never thought about before. Imagine a cabin in the wilderness it's darker then dark, as you enter into the cabin you see that certain things need fixing up. As soon as those things are fixed up a little bit of light comes into the cabin. Then you noticed other things that need to be done and so forth. Now lets say that the things need fixing up are all the different weakness we have and as we continue to work on them, God gives us light and with light he shows us more of what we can work on. As we continue to work and see or show our weakness to God he will give us more light which in the end will make us stronger. I loved this insight!
I'm headed to college and I'm happy to know that if I need my brother from another mother etc. I can text him anytime. Thanks for always being there Jas, I look up to you more than you will know. You have big things in store for you and I'm excited to see where life takes you. :)

Welcome Home Jason!




No comments:

Post a Comment