Sunday, October 9, 2016

DENVER BRONCOS

Guys...this post is a post, of one of my dreams that came true. Fasten your seat belts!


For those who know me, know that I L.O.V.E. Football! (Disclaimer: I don't necessiarily have a favorite team, I enjoy watching certain players succeed.) Remember the Titans is my favorite movie. I would rather pick to watch any sport movie over a chick flick any day. Super Bowl is about as big of a holiday to me as Christmas is. If you don't believe me...ask my friends. haha

I came home from work and school one day in the summer and was ornery to say the least. ha It was just a rough day and I was exhausted. I opened up my lap top, dreading the fact that I had homework to do. Little did I know, my dad is a sneaky son-of-a-gun and he had Denver Broncos football tickets, sitting, right there, waiting for me. I screamed. I was SO happy. I couldn't believe it. I really couldn't.

My dad and I headed to Denver! We drove for what seemed like hours, seeing how all I wanted to be was at the game, taking it all in. My dad, being who he was decided to have me site see a few things. We went to Steamboat and ate a late lunch, it reminded me a lot of Park City, but was beautiful non-the-less. From there we headed to Rocky Mountain National Park. Guys. Nature is really a neat thing. As soon as we got into the park, my window was rolled down, breathing in the fresh air. Below there are two pictures of Elk that I captured as we continued to climb the mountain. Climbing the mountain...haha...oh how eerie it was. As we were ascending to 12,000 ft above sea level, fog decided to join us. I am not kidding when I say we could not see anything less than a foot in front of us. Knowing that on both sides of the mountain were straight drops off, wasn't the most comfortable feeling in the world. Also, I found out that I would never be able to survive climbing Mt. Everest (not that I ever would want to), but man did I have a headache from the lack of oxygen I was receiving. 



VoDoo Doughnuts is like this famous doughnut shop that I see on social media all the time. Well folks, they are freaking delicious. The day before the game, dad and I explored good old Downtown Denver. I have never been to Bass Pro shops, loved every second of it. Ate one too many doughnuts, and checked out Coors Field. The whole time itching for 6:00 to hit, so I could see some football.


Literally, still to do this day, this whole experience  seems surreal, it was everything I wanted.


Look how cute my dad is posing with all the professionals. haha
Every high school in Colorado has a helmet in this case. Which if you as me is pretty dang cool.

My dad told me we were sitting fourth row in the end zone. Being the blonde that I am sometimes, I was thinking like fourth row, end zone, high up. Which I was totally fine with. But oh how I was in for a surprise. We walked into the stadium and my dad kept walking down to the field. WE WERE LITERALLY FOURTH ROW IN THE FREAKING END ZONE. People I teared up. I'm not even kidding. I took over a 100 pictures, and will spare everyone, only showing you a few. haha I sat in awe as the players came out and warmed up. I thought college players were big, are you kidding me, these guys are massive. The whole experience was literally perfection. I could hear the players on the field, I could hear the smack of pads hitting...I love football. From the opening kickoff-to the last second in 4th quarter, I sat in awe as if I was dreaming this was actually happening. My dad got me a pretzel to eat, and it took me pretty close to the whole game to finish it, because I couldn't take my eyes off of what was happening in front of me. 



Von (freaking) Miller

It was like the clouds were cheering for the Broncos. 

Dad, thank you for dragging me to Colton's little league practices, and games when I was growing up. Thank you for letting me fall asleep in the car pretty much both ways (it felt like I haven't slept all summer ha). Thank you for making one of my many dreams come true again. Thank you for always being there when I need you in every way possible. I love football, but I also love you.









No comments:

Post a Comment